Oregon Events & Announcements
- Oregon Department of Education Training Events
- Oregon Department of Education English Language Arts Announcements
- English Language Arts - Teacher Updates
Prepared by ODE, the Oregon English Language Arts Teacher Update is a monthly e-newsletter that provides teachers and other educators with information about professional development opportunities, teacher and student competitions and awards, and lectures, concerts, and exhibitions.
- Oregon Association for Bilingual Education (OABE) Annual Summer Conference
June 28-29, 2013, Linfield College, McMinnville, OR
The theme of the annual summer conference is Effective Programs for Language Learners.
- 2013 Wordstock Festibal
October 3-6, 2013, Portland Oregon
- Oregon Association for Comprehensive Education (OACE) Winter Conference
January 23-25 2014, Seaside Convention Center, Seaside, Oregon
Regional/National Events & Announcements
- Banned Books Week
September 22-28, 2013
- Teen Read Week
October 13-19, 2013
- National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) 23rd Annual Conference
November 6-10, 2013, Oakland, CA
The theme for the 2013 conference is "Erasing the Shadows, Embracing the Light: Re/visioning Multicultural Education". Angela Davis, James Banks, and Carl Grant are among the headliners. Join NAME in Oakland for an exciting and energizing four days!
- 2013 NAEYC Annual Conference & Expo
November 20-23, 2013. Washington, DC
Annual conference of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- 2013 NCTE National Conference
November 21-24, 2013, Boston, MA
"(Re)Inventing the Future of English" is the theme of the 2013 National Council of Teachers of English annual conference with 700 sessions for pK-20.
- Literacy Research Association - 2013 Conference
December 4-7, 2013, Dallas, TX
This is the 63rd Annual National Reading Conference of the Literacy Research Association. The theme of this year's conference is Transformative Literacy: Theory, Research, and Reform
- National Title I Conference
February 2-5, 2014, San Diego, CA
The theme of this 4-day national conference is "Currents of Change"
- TESOL 2014
March 26-29, 2014, Portland OR
"ELT for the Next Generation: Explore, Sustain, Renew" is the theme of TESOL 2014 being held this year in Portland, Oregon.
Send information regarding literacy, teacher education, and K-12 events/announcements
to Bonnie Morihara at firstname.lastname@example.org