Oregon Events & Announcements
- Oregon Department of Education Training Events
- Oregon Department of Education English Language Arts Announcements
- English Language Arts - Teacher Updates
Prepared by ODE, the Oregon English Language Arts Teacher Update is a monthly e-newsletter that provides teachers and other educators with information about professional development opportunities, teacher and student competitions and awards, and lectures, concerts, and exhibitions.
- 2013 Oregon Professional Educator Fair (OPEF)
April 16-17, 2013. Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR
Oregon's annual Professional Educator Fair brings together top school districts and outstanding teacher candidates for a valuable time of information sharing and interviewing. OPEF is organized by the Oregon School Personnel Association.
- Oregon Council of Teachers of English Spring Conference
April 20, 2013, Ashland High School, Ashland OR
Regional/National Events & Announcements
- 2013 National African-American Read-In
Part of Black History Month, sponsored by National Council of Teachers of English. Materials to help you organize a read-in for your organization, school or community.
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) 65th Annual Meeting
February 28 - March 2, 2013, Orlando, FL
Embrace the Future: Vision, Venture, and Values is the theme for the 65th AACTE annual meeting.
- Read Across America Day
March 1, 2013
NEA's Read Across America Day, the National Education Association's national reading celebration takes place each year on or near March 2, the birthday of Dr. Seuss. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, and community centers participate by bringing together kids, teens, and books.
- TESOL 2013
March 20-23, 2013, Dallas, TX
47th annual convention of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. The theme of this year's convention is "Harmonizing Language, Heritage, & Culture."
- Council for Exceptional Children 2013 Convention
April 3-6, 2013. San Antonio, TX
Latest issues in special and gifted education presented at nearly 900 educational sessions.
- National Drop Everything and Read (D.E.A.R.) Day
April 12, 2013
You will find book lists, activities, reproducible resources, and information about Beverly Cleary, whose birthday is April 12. Did you know that Beverly Cleary was born in McMinneville and lived in Yamhill, OR before moving to Portland as a child?
- IRA 2013: Celebrating Teachers Making a Difference
April 19 - 22, 2013. San Antonio, TX.
58th annual convention of the International Reading Association.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting
April 27 - May 1, 2013. San Francisco, CA
The theme of the AERA 2013 Annual Meeting is Education and Poverty: Theory, Research, Policy and Praxis.
- 45th Annual National Migrant Education Conference
April 28 - May 1, 2012, Orlando, FL
This conference is organized by the National Association of State Directors of Migrant Education (NASDME).
- 40th Annual Head Start Conference
April 30 - May 3, 2013. Washington, DC
Send information regarding literacy, teacher education, and K-12 events/announcements
to Bonnie Morihara at email@example.com